Deadly canal crash near Dos Palos
DOS PALOS, Calif. (KFSN) -- North Valley authorities are investigating an overnight accident near Dos Palos that killed a man.
Authorities say the man was driving along Althea and Russell when he blew through a stop sign and ended up in a canal. The Highway Patrol says the 43-year-old man died at the scene. Authorities say he wasn't wearing a seat belt.
Investigators are waiting on toxicology results to determine whether alcohol played a role in the deadly crash.
merced county, dos palos, los banos, firebaugh, accident, local
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service 50 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Drought may impact farmers market prices 19 min ago
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed