Traditional dance featured at Fresno festival
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Colorful costumes and music were the main attraction at Roosevelt High School on Sunday.
Traditional dance from the Oaxacan region of Mexico was featured at the Guelaguetza festival.
The event featured food, artisan craft booths, and live music.
Each of the dances have local indigenous and historical meanings with costumes that are native to their area.
The festival usually takes place at the capital city of Mexico.
fresno, fresno county, festival, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos