Traditional dance featured at Fresno festival
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Colorful costumes and music were the main attraction at Roosevelt High School on Sunday.
Traditional dance from the Oaxacan region of Mexico was featured at the Guelaguetza festival.
The event featured food, artisan craft booths, and live music.
Each of the dances have local indigenous and historical meanings with costumes that are native to their area.
The festival usually takes place at the capital city of Mexico.
fresno, fresno county, festival, local
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder 11 min ago
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos