Fresno Police open fire on Bulldog gang member
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation continues after Fresno Police officers shot a man in Southeast Fresno Monday night.
Police say two officers with the Southeast District Crime Suppression Team tried to make contact with a wanted Bulldog gang member who was seen riding a bicycle in the area. Police say the suspect tried to speed away and tried to get inside a home in the area.
They say the man once again tried to run away, and one of the officers opened fire after the former parolee appeared to reach for his waistband.
"He's since been off parole, but it was just too weeks ago that a citizen contacted these two tactical officers and said this person was armed with a gun on the streets out here, and always carrying drugs, selling them. For that reason, they were looking for him, they were also cognizant that he had a felony warrant that he had possession of drugs," said Dennis Bridges with the Fresno Police Department.
Police say methamphetamine was found at the scene, but they are still looking for a weapon that the suspect may have tossed in nearby bushes.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, officer involved shooting, gang, bulldog gang, drug bust, local
- Tornado churns through Oklahoma City suburbs 5 min ago
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- The skinny on fitness video games
- The final push for California's 16th Senate seat
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos