Fresno woman dies from West Nile Virus
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned a Fresno woman is the second person in Fresno County this year to die of complications from West Nile Virus.
The Fresno County Health Department said the woman died last month of the disease which is spread by mosquitos. In August, health officials reported an elderly woman was the first west nile related death in the county.
The health department said this is the first time since 2005 that Fresno County has had two deaths from the virus. People should continue to take precautions because mosquitoes will continue to breed until the Valley has a cold spell.
west nile virus, fresno county, local
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos