Fresno woman dies from West Nile Virus
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned a Fresno woman is the second person in Fresno County this year to die of complications from West Nile Virus.
The Fresno County Health Department said the woman died last month of the disease which is spread by mosquitos. In August, health officials reported an elderly woman was the first west nile related death in the county.
The health department said this is the first time since 2005 that Fresno County has had two deaths from the virus. People should continue to take precautions because mosquitoes will continue to breed until the Valley has a cold spell.
west nile virus, fresno county, local
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos