Fresno woman dies from West Nile Virus
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned a Fresno woman is the second person in Fresno County this year to die of complications from West Nile Virus.
The Fresno County Health Department said the woman died last month of the disease which is spread by mosquitos. In August, health officials reported an elderly woman was the first west nile related death in the county.
The health department said this is the first time since 2005 that Fresno County has had two deaths from the virus. People should continue to take precautions because mosquitoes will continue to breed until the Valley has a cold spell.
west nile virus, fresno county, local
- The Red Wave hits the road 44 min ago
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl game losing streak
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Bulldog Cadillac greats Fresno State fans...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos