City of Atwater gives out 38 pink slips
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Atwater city employees have received pink slips this week.
A total of 38-employees are impacted, and the acting city manager says those lay-offs are set to take effect October 29th. He hopes at least 24 of the positions can be reinstated, but the city is facing a more than $3-million budget deficit.
The city is holding a special meeting Wednesday night, and the City Council could vote to declare a fiscal emergency.
The closed session starts at 4:30, followed by a public meeting at 7 p.m. at the Atwater Civic Center.
atwater, merced county, budget cuts, local
- I-5 over the Grapevine and HWY 58 closed due to snow 54 min ago
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe