City of Atwater gives out 38 pink slips
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Atwater city employees have received pink slips this week.
A total of 38-employees are impacted, and the acting city manager says those lay-offs are set to take effect October 29th. He hopes at least 24 of the positions can be reinstated, but the city is facing a more than $3-million budget deficit.
The city is holding a special meeting Wednesday night, and the City Council could vote to declare a fiscal emergency.
The closed session starts at 4:30, followed by a public meeting at 7 p.m. at the Atwater Civic Center.
atwater, merced county, budget cuts, local
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno 10 min ago
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos