City of Atwater gives out 38 pink slips
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Atwater city employees have received pink slips this week.
A total of 38-employees are impacted, and the acting city manager says those lay-offs are set to take effect October 29th. He hopes at least 24 of the positions can be reinstated, but the city is facing a more than $3-million budget deficit.
The city is holding a special meeting Wednesday night, and the City Council could vote to declare a fiscal emergency.
The closed session starts at 4:30, followed by a public meeting at 7 p.m. at the Atwater Civic Center.
atwater, merced county, budget cuts, local
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children 48 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop 51 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital 45 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- 7 health apps you need to know about
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball
- Chowchilla Western Stampede attracts visitors
18 min ago