City of Atwater gives out 38 pink slips
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Atwater city employees have received pink slips this week.
A total of 38-employees are impacted, and the acting city manager says those lay-offs are set to take effect October 29th. He hopes at least 24 of the positions can be reinstated, but the city is facing a more than $3-million budget deficit.
The city is holding a special meeting Wednesday night, and the City Council could vote to declare a fiscal emergency.
The closed session starts at 4:30, followed by a public meeting at 7 p.m. at the Atwater Civic Center.
atwater, merced county, budget cuts, local
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California