Three accused of extortion from homeless
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have arrested three documented gang members. They're accused of extorting money from the homeless .
32-year-old Ivan Rangel, 30-year-old Aldo Limon and 24-year-old Joseph Juarez were all taken into custody while detectives investigated a shooting near Santa Clara and E Street.
Several homeless people live in tents in the area. Authorities say the suspects would use threats and intimidation to get money from the victims in a series of crimes dating back to May 2012.
fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos