Three accused of extortion from homeless
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have arrested three documented gang members. They're accused of extorting money from the homeless .
32-year-old Ivan Rangel, 30-year-old Aldo Limon and 24-year-old Joseph Juarez were all taken into custody while detectives investigated a shooting near Santa Clara and E Street.
Several homeless people live in tents in the area. Authorities say the suspects would use threats and intimidation to get money from the victims in a series of crimes dating back to May 2012.
fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos