Three accused of extortion from homeless
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have arrested three documented gang members. They're accused of extorting money from the homeless .
32-year-old Ivan Rangel, 30-year-old Aldo Limon and 24-year-old Joseph Juarez were all taken into custody while detectives investigated a shooting near Santa Clara and E Street.
Several homeless people live in tents in the area. Authorities say the suspects would use threats and intimidation to get money from the victims in a series of crimes dating back to May 2012.
fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno 59 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno 46 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos