Three accused of extortion from homeless
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have arrested three documented gang members. They're accused of extorting money from the homeless .
32-year-old Ivan Rangel, 30-year-old Aldo Limon and 24-year-old Joseph Juarez were all taken into custody while detectives investigated a shooting near Santa Clara and E Street.
Several homeless people live in tents in the area. Authorities say the suspects would use threats and intimidation to get money from the victims in a series of crimes dating back to May 2012.
fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- Fresno men arrested after exchanging gunfire with police 11 min ago
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno County
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Dr. Joseph Castro named new Fresno State...
35 min ago