Three accused of extortion from homeless
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have arrested three documented gang members. They're accused of extorting money from the homeless .
32-year-old Ivan Rangel, 30-year-old Aldo Limon and 24-year-old Joseph Juarez were all taken into custody while detectives investigated a shooting near Santa Clara and E Street.
Several homeless people live in tents in the area. Authorities say the suspects would use threats and intimidation to get money from the victims in a series of crimes dating back to May 2012.
fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits