Fresno man loses his home after overnight fire
FRESNO, Calif. -- Fresno firefighters say the flames broke out inside the garage of a home on Broadway and Belmont just before midnight.
Authorities say the smoke and fire spread to a nearby apartment building and damaged one of the units. The man living there was told to move out for security reasons until the damages could be fixed.
The cause of the fire is not yet known, but authorities are calling it suspicious. Fire officials say homeless people were living in the garage and similar fires have been reported in the area in the past month.
No one was hurt in the fire.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fresno tower district, fire, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 57 min ago
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'