Fresno man loses his home after overnight fire
FRESNO, Calif. -- Fresno firefighters say the flames broke out inside the garage of a home on Broadway and Belmont just before midnight.
Authorities say the smoke and fire spread to a nearby apartment building and damaged one of the units. The man living there was told to move out for security reasons until the damages could be fixed.
The cause of the fire is not yet known, but authorities are calling it suspicious. Fire officials say homeless people were living in the garage and similar fires have been reported in the area in the past month.
No one was hurt in the fire.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fresno tower district, fire, local
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect
- Smoke from fires may cause health risks
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity'