Ex-Fresno Co. teacher pleads no contest to sex with student
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The former Fresno County high school teacher accused of having sex with a 15-year-old student is no longer fighting the charges.
Nadia Diaz has switched to a "no contest" plea to two counts of unlawful intercourse with a minor. She was arrested last year.
Diaz was a substitute teacher, but she later became a full-time teacher at Washington Union High School in Easton. She has since resigned.
Court records show Diaz confessed the crime to her bosses at the school.
It's likely she'll be sentenced to probation.
easton, crimetracker, sex crimes, fresno county, local
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 41 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- School running: Keeping kids moving
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos