Woman attempts puppy surgery in Fresno hotel room
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno woman is under investigation for animal abuse after a total of eight dogs were taken away from her motel room in Central Fresno.
The Central California SPCA says the unidentified woman was trying to perform a surgical procedure on a puppy when an animal control officer arrived.
The woman was also caring for an adult dog injured in a car accident a month ago. The woman told Action News, she has no formal veterinary training. She says she was trying to save the puppy's life.
As for the older dog, she says she did not seek vet care, but gave the dog human pain killers.
Beth Caffrey with the SPCA said, "Our officer's continuing to do his investigation so that way we can find out if we can pursue anything as far as charges."
The dogs are expected to be okay and the woman was not arrested.
animal, local, rick montanez
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River...
49 min ago
- Fire Safety