Woman attempts puppy surgery in Fresno hotel room
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno woman is under investigation for animal abuse after a total of eight dogs were taken away from her motel room in Central Fresno.
The Central California SPCA says the unidentified woman was trying to perform a surgical procedure on a puppy when an animal control officer arrived.
The woman was also caring for an adult dog injured in a car accident a month ago. The woman told Action News, she has no formal veterinary training. She says she was trying to save the puppy's life.
As for the older dog, she says she did not seek vet care, but gave the dog human pain killers.
Beth Caffrey with the SPCA said, "Our officer's continuing to do his investigation so that way we can find out if we can pursue anything as far as charges."
The dogs are expected to be okay and the woman was not arrested.
animal, local, rick montanez
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos