Woman attempts puppy surgery in Fresno hotel room
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno woman is under investigation for animal abuse after a total of eight dogs were taken away from her motel room in Central Fresno.
The Central California SPCA says the unidentified woman was trying to perform a surgical procedure on a puppy when an animal control officer arrived.
The woman was also caring for an adult dog injured in a car accident a month ago. The woman told Action News, she has no formal veterinary training. She says she was trying to save the puppy's life.
As for the older dog, she says she did not seek vet care, but gave the dog human pain killers.
Beth Caffrey with the SPCA said, "Our officer's continuing to do his investigation so that way we can find out if we can pursue anything as far as charges."
The dogs are expected to be okay and the woman was not arrested.
animal, local, rick montanez
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- The skinny on fitness video games
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos