Woman attempts puppy surgery in Fresno hotel room
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno woman is under investigation for animal abuse after a total of eight dogs were taken away from her motel room in Central Fresno.
The Central California SPCA says the unidentified woman was trying to perform a surgical procedure on a puppy when an animal control officer arrived.
The woman was also caring for an adult dog injured in a car accident a month ago. The woman told Action News, she has no formal veterinary training. She says she was trying to save the puppy's life.
As for the older dog, she says she did not seek vet care, but gave the dog human pain killers.
Beth Caffrey with the SPCA said, "Our officer's continuing to do his investigation so that way we can find out if we can pursue anything as far as charges."
The dogs are expected to be okay and the woman was not arrested.
animal, local, rick montanez
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer 51 min ago
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Accuweather Forecast
58 min ago
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos