Woman attempts puppy surgery in Fresno hotel room
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno woman is under investigation for animal abuse after a total of eight dogs were taken away from her motel room in Central Fresno.
The Central California SPCA says the unidentified woman was trying to perform a surgical procedure on a puppy when an animal control officer arrived.
The woman was also caring for an adult dog injured in a car accident a month ago. The woman told Action News, she has no formal veterinary training. She says she was trying to save the puppy's life.
As for the older dog, she says she did not seek vet care, but gave the dog human pain killers.
Beth Caffrey with the SPCA said, "Our officer's continuing to do his investigation so that way we can find out if we can pursue anything as far as charges."
The dogs are expected to be okay and the woman was not arrested.
animal, local, rick montanez
- Malaysian official: Investigators conclude jet hijacked
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer 58 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures 26 min ago
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt