Large fire destroys East Central Fresno warehouse
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Fresno firefighters spent hours bringing a massive warehouse fire under control.
The fire started at about two o'clock in the area of Maple and Turner in East Central Fresno.
Investigators are still trying to determine what caused the large fire to break out in the abandoned warehouse.
The flames sent thick plumes of black smoke into the sky that could be seen across the city.
Firefighters say the warehouse was mostly empty, but there appeared to be pressurized containers inside the building, which added to the fire.
The fire broke out just before students were released at nearby Leavenworth Elementary.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, fire, local
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- LA psychic, husband charged with curse scam 58 min ago
- California prostitutes win victim compensation 58 min ago
- Chaos, gunbattles, hungry kids in Central African Republic 58 min ago
- Lawmakers frustrated, optimistic about farm bill 58 min ago
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2