Large fire destroys East Central Fresno warehouse
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Fresno firefighters spent hours bringing a massive warehouse fire under control.
The fire started at about two o'clock in the area of Maple and Turner in East Central Fresno.
Investigators are still trying to determine what caused the large fire to break out in the abandoned warehouse.
The flames sent thick plumes of black smoke into the sky that could be seen across the city.
Firefighters say the warehouse was mostly empty, but there appeared to be pressurized containers inside the building, which added to the fire.
The fire broke out just before students were released at nearby Leavenworth Elementary.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, fire, local
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto 1 min ago
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Murderer apologizes for killing pregnant woman
- Mother of 2-year-old that died faces felony charges
- Who will be Mayor?
- Residents concerned over proposed chemical warehouse
- 16th-century manual shows 'rocket cat' weaponry
- Buchanan High percussionist to play at Carnegie Hall
- Photos: Selfless acts that will brighten your day
- Fresno mayor seeks state controller position