Large fire destroys East Central Fresno warehouse
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Fresno firefighters spent hours bringing a massive warehouse fire under control.
The fire started at about two o'clock in the area of Maple and Turner in East Central Fresno.
Investigators are still trying to determine what caused the large fire to break out in the abandoned warehouse.
The flames sent thick plumes of black smoke into the sky that could be seen across the city.
Firefighters say the warehouse was mostly empty, but there appeared to be pressurized containers inside the building, which added to the fire.
The fire broke out just before students were released at nearby Leavenworth Elementary.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, fire, local
- Shooting reported at federal courthouse in Utah 12 min ago
- One person killed in Fresno County crash
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Photos: Valley families celebrate Easter
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter