Large fire destroys East Central Fresno warehouse
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Fresno firefighters spent hours bringing a massive warehouse fire under control.
The fire started at about two o'clock in the area of Maple and Turner in East Central Fresno.
Investigators are still trying to determine what caused the large fire to break out in the abandoned warehouse.
The flames sent thick plumes of black smoke into the sky that could be seen across the city.
Firefighters say the warehouse was mostly empty, but there appeared to be pressurized containers inside the building, which added to the fire.
The fire broke out just before students were released at nearby Leavenworth Elementary.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, fire, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos