Large fire destroys East Central Fresno warehouse
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Fresno firefighters spent hours bringing a massive warehouse fire under control.
The fire started at about two o'clock in the area of Maple and Turner in East Central Fresno.
Investigators are still trying to determine what caused the large fire to break out in the abandoned warehouse.
The flames sent thick plumes of black smoke into the sky that could be seen across the city.
Firefighters say the warehouse was mostly empty, but there appeared to be pressurized containers inside the building, which added to the fire.
The fire broke out just before students were released at nearby Leavenworth Elementary.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, fire, local
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard 37 min ago
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Accuweather Forecast
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos