Fresno family needs your help to solve a murder
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno family needs your help to solve a murder, investigators say, was a cold blooded crime over a car.
The body of Adan Flores-Rodriguez, 61, was found Tuesday morning in a vineyard at American and Cedar avenues.
Investigators say Adan went to the Cherry Auction Tuesday morning to sell a car. But just over an hour later his body was found nearby. The car has never been found and his devastated family says he didn't deserve this.
Family members stood next to Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims, pleading for help to find whoever killed a father of five, just to steal a 2002 Chevy Tahoe.
The victim's son, Mario Flores said, "I don't think it's fair what they did because he's a great dad and what he does he tries to work hard and never hurt nobody so what I see is, it's not fair to him."
Surveillance cameras show Adan made it to the Cherry Auction. But it's unclear what took place moments after he arrived.
Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims said, "So we don't know what happened between 10 o'clock and 11:15 other than that Adan was fatally attacked."
The SUV is still missing, it's a pewter brown Tahoe. If the plates are still on the car, the license plate number is 4VCS831.
Family members say the suspect or suspects got away with some personal items they want back, along with the car.
The victim's daughter in law, Maria Flores said, "We're asking everyone if they find his wallet or his cell phone, if they can just put it in the mail. The address is there on the license. And if they can just mail it to us."
Investigators say the victim was innocent and loved ones say Adan was the heart of their family. His tragic death has crushed his wife and children.
"Oh, it's painful. And we try to work hard and be strong with my mom and my brothers."
Homicide investigators say Adan was shot to death. They want to talk to anyone who may have seen anything around the time he was murdered.
A $2 thousand reward is offered in the case for information that leads to an arrest. Anonymous tips are welcome. If you have any leads that could help solve the case, please call the Fresno County Sheriff's Department.
fresno county, crimetracker, murder, fresno, local, sontaya rose
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge 41 min ago
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued 57 min ago
- Obama: Nation must do more for fallen heroes 40 min ago
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying 47 min ago
- 5 climbers feared dead on world's 3rd highest peak 42 min ago
- UK zookeeper dies from tiger attack injuries 45 min ago
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities 30 min ago
- Fresno State's famous sweet corn went on sale
- Are there enough police officers in Visalia?
- Good Sports: Kensuke Tanaka