Fire damages Central Fresno house
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A residential fire in Central Fresno was especially difficult for firefighters to put out because of the building's age.
Firefighters got the 911 call from a neighbor just before 3 p.m. Saturday.
Investigators say no one was living in the two story building at the time.
Firefighters say the fire was especially difficult to contain because there were multiple sets of fires throughout the home.
"It's an old house. The house looks like it was built somewhere in the 20s. Which presented some special hazards, or special challenges because of the type of construction heavy lath and plaster," Koby Johns of the Fresno Fire Department said.
Investigators say the fire caused about $120 thousand in damage.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, local
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder 42 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry