Fire damages Central Fresno house
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A residential fire in Central Fresno was especially difficult for firefighters to put out because of the building's age.
Firefighters got the 911 call from a neighbor just before 3 p.m. Saturday.
Investigators say no one was living in the two story building at the time.
Firefighters say the fire was especially difficult to contain because there were multiple sets of fires throughout the home.
"It's an old house. The house looks like it was built somewhere in the 20s. Which presented some special hazards, or special challenges because of the type of construction heavy lath and plaster," Koby Johns of the Fresno Fire Department said.
Investigators say the fire caused about $120 thousand in damage.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, local
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Runners hit streets for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose...
6 min ago