Fire damages Central Fresno house
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A residential fire in Central Fresno was especially difficult for firefighters to put out because of the building's age.
Firefighters got the 911 call from a neighbor just before 3 p.m. Saturday.
Investigators say no one was living in the two story building at the time.
Firefighters say the fire was especially difficult to contain because there were multiple sets of fires throughout the home.
"It's an old house. The house looks like it was built somewhere in the 20s. Which presented some special hazards, or special challenges because of the type of construction heavy lath and plaster," Koby Johns of the Fresno Fire Department said.
Investigators say the fire caused about $120 thousand in damage.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, local
- Tornado churns through Oklahoma City suburbs 37 min ago
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- The skinny on fitness video games
- The final push for California's 16th Senate seat
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos