Fire damages Central Fresno house
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A residential fire in Central Fresno was especially difficult for firefighters to put out because of the building's age.
Firefighters got the 911 call from a neighbor just before 3 p.m. Saturday.
Investigators say no one was living in the two story building at the time.
Firefighters say the fire was especially difficult to contain because there were multiple sets of fires throughout the home.
"It's an old house. The house looks like it was built somewhere in the 20s. Which presented some special hazards, or special challenges because of the type of construction heavy lath and plaster," Koby Johns of the Fresno Fire Department said.
Investigators say the fire caused about $120 thousand in damage.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, local
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt