Fresno police looking for bank robbery suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Police Department is searching for a man who robbed a Wells Fargo Bank. The robbery happened at the Wells Fargo branch on Shaw near Fresno at 9:20 am.
Sgt. Clayton Smith says a white male in his mid-20s, approximately 6 ft. tall, 180 lbs., walked into the branch dressed in painter's clothing and a straw hat. Once he approached the teller, he slipped a note demanding money. The teller handed over an undisclosed amount of money.
"There were numerous customers inside and because it was a demand note that was passed, not really anybody other than the teller knew what was actually occurring," Smith said.
The suspect left immediately in a dark-colored suburban with paper plates. Police believe the man was acting alone.
If you have any information you are asked to call the Fresno Police Department.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, robbery, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos