Fresno police looking for bank robbery suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Police Department is searching for a man who robbed a Wells Fargo Bank. The robbery happened at the Wells Fargo branch on Shaw near Fresno at 9:20 am.
Sgt. Clayton Smith says a white male in his mid-20s, approximately 6 ft. tall, 180 lbs., walked into the branch dressed in painter's clothing and a straw hat. Once he approached the teller, he slipped a note demanding money. The teller handed over an undisclosed amount of money.
"There were numerous customers inside and because it was a demand note that was passed, not really anybody other than the teller knew what was actually occurring," Smith said.
The suspect left immediately in a dark-colored suburban with paper plates. Police believe the man was acting alone.
If you have any information you are asked to call the Fresno Police Department.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, robbery, local
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children