Fresno police looking for bank robbery suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Police Department is searching for a man who robbed a Wells Fargo Bank. The robbery happened at the Wells Fargo branch on Shaw near Fresno at 9:20 am.
Sgt. Clayton Smith says a white male in his mid-20s, approximately 6 ft. tall, 180 lbs., walked into the branch dressed in painter's clothing and a straw hat. Once he approached the teller, he slipped a note demanding money. The teller handed over an undisclosed amount of money.
"There were numerous customers inside and because it was a demand note that was passed, not really anybody other than the teller knew what was actually occurring," Smith said.
The suspect left immediately in a dark-colored suburban with paper plates. Police believe the man was acting alone.
If you have any information you are asked to call the Fresno Police Department.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, robbery, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos