3 suspects arrested in Madera Co fuel ring case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people have been arrested in connection with a fuel theft ring, according to the Madera County Sheriff's Department.
The suspected thieves are based out of Fresno.
Early Tuesday morning, Madera County Deputies were tipped off about the sale of stolen fuel in Madera.
According to a press release, deputies caught up with the suspected customer, Uy Santomasso, 25, of Fresno. She reportedly arranged to meet someone who could supply her Acura Integra with a full tank of gas.
Deputies said Santomasso was found to be driving on a suspended license, and in possession of methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and several pieces of personal property reported stolen out of Fresno.
The man she was supposed to meet Yadwinder Virk, 23, of Fresno, according to the Sheriff's Office. He and his passenger, Kulvir Singh, 29, of Fresno, were arrested just hours earlier on Avenue 17 near Rodeo Drive. Virk and Singh were booked for possession of narcotics and burglary tools, according to the release.
All three suspects remain behind bars with bail set at $10,000 each.
fresno, madera, madera county, theft, local
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon 10 min ago
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm 41 min ago
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Accuweather Forecast
39 min ago