3 suspects arrested in Madera Co fuel ring case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people have been arrested in connection with a fuel theft ring, according to the Madera County Sheriff's Department.
The suspected thieves are based out of Fresno.
Early Tuesday morning, Madera County Deputies were tipped off about the sale of stolen fuel in Madera.
According to a press release, deputies caught up with the suspected customer, Uy Santomasso, 25, of Fresno. She reportedly arranged to meet someone who could supply her Acura Integra with a full tank of gas.
Deputies said Santomasso was found to be driving on a suspended license, and in possession of methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and several pieces of personal property reported stolen out of Fresno.
The man she was supposed to meet Yadwinder Virk, 23, of Fresno, according to the Sheriff's Office. He and his passenger, Kulvir Singh, 29, of Fresno, were arrested just hours earlier on Avenue 17 near Rodeo Drive. Virk and Singh were booked for possession of narcotics and burglary tools, according to the release.
All three suspects remain behind bars with bail set at $10,000 each.
fresno, madera, madera county, theft, local
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police 25 min ago
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos