3 suspects arrested in Madera Co fuel ring case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people have been arrested in connection with a fuel theft ring, according to the Madera County Sheriff's Department.
The suspected thieves are based out of Fresno.
Early Tuesday morning, Madera County Deputies were tipped off about the sale of stolen fuel in Madera.
According to a press release, deputies caught up with the suspected customer, Uy Santomasso, 25, of Fresno. She reportedly arranged to meet someone who could supply her Acura Integra with a full tank of gas.
Deputies said Santomasso was found to be driving on a suspended license, and in possession of methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and several pieces of personal property reported stolen out of Fresno.
The man she was supposed to meet Yadwinder Virk, 23, of Fresno, according to the Sheriff's Office. He and his passenger, Kulvir Singh, 29, of Fresno, were arrested just hours earlier on Avenue 17 near Rodeo Drive. Virk and Singh were booked for possession of narcotics and burglary tools, according to the release.
All three suspects remain behind bars with bail set at $10,000 each.
fresno, madera, madera county, theft, local
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney 17 min ago
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Runners hit streets for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago