3 suspects arrested in Madera Co fuel ring case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people have been arrested in connection with a fuel theft ring, according to the Madera County Sheriff's Department.
The suspected thieves are based out of Fresno.
Early Tuesday morning, Madera County Deputies were tipped off about the sale of stolen fuel in Madera.
According to a press release, deputies caught up with the suspected customer, Uy Santomasso, 25, of Fresno. She reportedly arranged to meet someone who could supply her Acura Integra with a full tank of gas.
Deputies said Santomasso was found to be driving on a suspended license, and in possession of methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and several pieces of personal property reported stolen out of Fresno.
The man she was supposed to meet Yadwinder Virk, 23, of Fresno, according to the Sheriff's Office. He and his passenger, Kulvir Singh, 29, of Fresno, were arrested just hours earlier on Avenue 17 near Rodeo Drive. Virk and Singh were booked for possession of narcotics and burglary tools, according to the release.
All three suspects remain behind bars with bail set at $10,000 each.
fresno, madera, madera county, theft, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 33 min ago
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case