3 suspects arrested in Madera Co fuel ring case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people have been arrested in connection with a fuel theft ring, according to the Madera County Sheriff's Department.
The suspected thieves are based out of Fresno.
Early Tuesday morning, Madera County Deputies were tipped off about the sale of stolen fuel in Madera.
According to a press release, deputies caught up with the suspected customer, Uy Santomasso, 25, of Fresno. She reportedly arranged to meet someone who could supply her Acura Integra with a full tank of gas.
Deputies said Santomasso was found to be driving on a suspended license, and in possession of methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and several pieces of personal property reported stolen out of Fresno.
The man she was supposed to meet Yadwinder Virk, 23, of Fresno, according to the Sheriff's Office. He and his passenger, Kulvir Singh, 29, of Fresno, were arrested just hours earlier on Avenue 17 near Rodeo Drive. Virk and Singh were booked for possession of narcotics and burglary tools, according to the release.
All three suspects remain behind bars with bail set at $10,000 each.
fresno, madera, madera county, theft, local
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 23 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father 16 min ago
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Murderer apologizes for killing pregnant woman
- Mother of 2-year-old that died faces felony charges
- Who will be Mayor?
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway...
25 min ago