Yosemite officials search for missing park employee
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Rangers are looking for Jessica Rose Garcia who did not show up for work at the Wawona Hotel on Saturday. She was last seen along Forest Drive after an orientation meeting with her supervisor.
She was dressed in her work uniform -- a dark green polo shirt, black pants, and a dark green park jacket. She's described as an Hispanic female 5' 3" tall and approximately 170 pounds.
Tuesday, search and rescue crews included six dog teams, a park helicopter, Rangers on horse back, and 23 Rangers on foot. The search area includes the South Fork of the Merced River and in and around the Wawona area.
yosemite national park, mariposa county, missing person, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man in street struck, killed by car 2 min ago
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box 51 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 30 min ago