Fatal accident takes the life of a Fresno boy, 11
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police are investigating a fatal accident that took the life of an 11-year-old boy. The family has identified him as Lester Cox.
The accident happened in Central Fresno on Clinton and Warren avenues around 7:15 Thursday evening.
Investigators say the boy was crossing the street on Clinton Avenue to greet his grandmother who had just gotten off the bus. But the 11-year-old never made it to the other side. He was hit by a white Honda Civic. The boy died at the scene.
According to some witnesses, the victim was struck by two vehicles, one that sped off.
"He was crossing the street from north to south when he was struck by one vehicle, possibly 2 vehicles. That's what we're investigating right now," said Lt. Michael Doyle with the Fresno Police Department.
12-year-old Memo Gama arrived at the scene when he got word his friend was killed. "It's sad, it's really sad. He was friendly to me and other people too" Gama said.
The driver of the white Honda Civic did stop and is cooperating with police.
fresno central, fresno, fresno county, local, carlos saucedo
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges 10 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times