Fresno State Theta Chi chapter charter revoked
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned that the Theta Chi national fraternity has informed Fresno State that it has revoked the charter for its Fresno chapter.
The move comes more than a month after the death of Phillip Dhanens, an 18-year-old Fresno State freshman, died after drinking alcohol at the fraternity's off-campus house.
The Fresno County Coroner's Office reported that Dhanens had swelling of the brain due to his alcohol consumption.
Fresno police are investigating to determine what happened and who was responsible.
The national Theta Chi organization immediately placed the Fresno State chapter on suspension after Dhanens' death.
Two fraternity members could face charges in connection with the death for buying the alcohol.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, fresno state, local
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop 24 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail 32 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 13 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in...
35 min ago
- Chowchilla Western Stampede attracts visitors
59 min ago