Fresno State Theta Chi chapter charter revoked
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned that the Theta Chi national fraternity has informed Fresno State that it has revoked the charter for its Fresno chapter.
The move comes more than a month after the death of Phillip Dhanens, an 18-year-old Fresno State freshman, died after drinking alcohol at the fraternity's off-campus house.
The Fresno County Coroner's Office reported that Dhanens had swelling of the brain due to his alcohol consumption.
Fresno police are investigating to determine what happened and who was responsible.
The national Theta Chi organization immediately placed the Fresno State chapter on suspension after Dhanens' death.
Two fraternity members could face charges in connection with the death for buying the alcohol.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, fresno state, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos