Fire officials: Cigarette sparked Fresno blaze
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno fire officials say a cigarette sparked a fire that left one person with second degree burns.
The flames broke out just before 2 a.m. Sunday morning at a duplex on Archie near Kings Canyon.
Firefighters say the cigarette ignited some bedding and quickly spread throughout the unit.
The victim was burned on their arms, legs, and chest and is now being treated at Community Regional Medical Center.
The flames also caused significant damage to half of the duplex, but crews were able to protect the other unit.
fresno, fresno county, fire, local
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop 50 min ago
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect