Small plane makes emergency landing in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An ultralight airplane had to make an emergency landing in Northwest Fresno Saturday morning.
The pilot brought the plane down in a field near Milburn and Alluvial after the engine lost power during a test flight. Authorities say the landing gear collapsed on impact because of the uneven terrain.
No one was injured, and the plane had only minimal damage.
More than two dozen Fresno City Firefighters went to the scene but most were quickly released.
The FAA and National Transportation Safety Board are now investigating the incident.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, local
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 2 min ago
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire