Small plane makes emergency landing in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An ultralight airplane had to make an emergency landing in Northwest Fresno Saturday morning.
The pilot brought the plane down in a field near Milburn and Alluvial after the engine lost power during a test flight. Authorities say the landing gear collapsed on impact because of the uneven terrain.
No one was injured, and the plane had only minimal damage.
More than two dozen Fresno City Firefighters went to the scene but most were quickly released.
The FAA and National Transportation Safety Board are now investigating the incident.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, local
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting 12 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe 16 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east 46 min ago
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD...
16 min ago