Man dies in Fresno Co trench accident
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead following a bizarre trench accident in Fresno County.
Sheriff's deputies say 57-year-old Dennis Cowley was helping his friend dig a trench on Spearhead Road in Prather near Auberry when the sides collapsed on him.
Investigators say dirt buried Cowley and killed him. Fire crews were called in to recover his body.
fresno county, accident, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk 12 min ago
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit