Merced police investigating fast food robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating an armed robbery at a McDonald's restaurant in Merced.
It happened at about 10:30 Sunday night at 13th and R Streets.
The store was open at the time but no customers were inside.
One employee told police a suspect wearing a dark blue hooded sweatshirt, gloves, and a scarf over his face entered McDonald's carrying a black semi-automatic handgun.
The suspect reportedly told the restaurant manager he had 25 seconds to go to the safe and fill a bag with cash and then began to count backwards from 25.
The gunman is at large.
There is no word on how much cash was stolen.
No one was hurt.
merced, merced county, robbery, crimetracker, theft, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos