Fresno man sentenced in 3-month-old's death
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man will now spend 15 years to life in prison for beating his baby to death.
On Monday Eddie Hamilton was sentenced for the second degree murder of his three month old son, Elijah.
Emotional family members got the chance to address Eddie Hamilton face to face and share their heartbreak more than four years after the death of three month old Elijah Hamilton.
"You purposely took away a sweet innocent baby boy who did nothing wrong but love you," said the child's aunt, Tareva Caldera.
Hamilton was arrested in April of 2008 for the death of the little boy.
The child's mother called 9-1-1 from a northwest Fresno apartment to report the baby was unresponsive after a nap. Elijah died at the hospital but investigators believe he was abused throughout his life.
fresno, fresno county, murder, homicide, crimetracker, court, local, mariana jacob
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch 58 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos