Fresno man sentenced in 3-month-old's death
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man will now spend 15 years to life in prison for beating his baby to death.
On Monday Eddie Hamilton was sentenced for the second degree murder of his three month old son, Elijah.
Emotional family members got the chance to address Eddie Hamilton face to face and share their heartbreak more than four years after the death of three month old Elijah Hamilton.
"You purposely took away a sweet innocent baby boy who did nothing wrong but love you," said the child's aunt, Tareva Caldera.
Hamilton was arrested in April of 2008 for the death of the little boy.
The child's mother called 9-1-1 from a northwest Fresno apartment to report the baby was unresponsive after a nap. Elijah died at the hospital but investigators believe he was abused throughout his life.
fresno, fresno county, murder, homicide, crimetracker, court, local, mariana jacob
- Fresno pot shop closes amid Action News investigation
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove