Fresno man sentenced in 3-month-old's death
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man will now spend 15 years to life in prison for beating his baby to death.
On Monday Eddie Hamilton was sentenced for the second degree murder of his three month old son, Elijah.
Emotional family members got the chance to address Eddie Hamilton face to face and share their heartbreak more than four years after the death of three month old Elijah Hamilton.
"You purposely took away a sweet innocent baby boy who did nothing wrong but love you," said the child's aunt, Tareva Caldera.
Hamilton was arrested in April of 2008 for the death of the little boy.
The child's mother called 9-1-1 from a northwest Fresno apartment to report the baby was unresponsive after a nap. Elijah died at the hospital but investigators believe he was abused throughout his life.
fresno, fresno county, murder, homicide, crimetracker, court, local, mariana jacob
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover