Fresno man sentenced in 3-month-old's death
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man will now spend 15 years to life in prison for beating his baby to death.
On Monday Eddie Hamilton was sentenced for the second degree murder of his three month old son, Elijah.
Emotional family members got the chance to address Eddie Hamilton face to face and share their heartbreak more than four years after the death of three month old Elijah Hamilton.
"You purposely took away a sweet innocent baby boy who did nothing wrong but love you," said the child's aunt, Tareva Caldera.
Hamilton was arrested in April of 2008 for the death of the little boy.
The child's mother called 9-1-1 from a northwest Fresno apartment to report the baby was unresponsive after a nap. Elijah died at the hospital but investigators believe he was abused throughout his life.
fresno, fresno county, murder, homicide, crimetracker, court, local, mariana jacob
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well 27 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered