Masked gunmen tie up, rob family in Northwest Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Crime scene investigators spent the morning examining evidence including flex cuffs used to tie up two women who were robbed in a nearby home.
The homeowner who didn't want to be identified on camera tells Action News two gunmen forced their way into his house and used cuffs to tie up his wife and housekeeper.
"They tie the hand and leg and they want money. So my wife was scared very much."
After the suspects tied up the victims, they went room to room looking for anything valuable.
Lt. Burke Farrah said, "Immediately started ransacking the residence looking for property and cash."
Police say the men then took off. About twenty minutes later investigators believe one woman freed herself of the cuffs and ran to a neighbor's house for help.
"Hurry up, come to the home, what happened? She said somebody coming in the house with a gun."
Detectives say the housekeeper suffered minor injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital.
Lt. Burke Farrah said, "It's really important that we take time to let the shock wear off make sure the medical issues and taken care of and then we can sit down and go through in detail."
If you have any information on the case you are asked to call the Fresno Police Department.
crimetracker, robbery, home invasion, fresno, fresno northwest, fresno county, local, mariana jacob
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 13 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
27 min ago