Fresno County Sups give approval for Carmelita mine project
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Board of Supervisors agreed to allow the construction of a new gravel mine near Reedley.
The Carmelita mine project will be located on nearly one-thousand acres of orchards at Reed Avenue and Annadale.
The approval came after a daylong hearing, where supervisors heard from residents concerned about air pollution, water use and truck traffic.
The supervisors did impose some conditions on the plant, including a greater setback from the highway and additional landscaping.
fresno county board of supervisors, fresno county, reedley, fresno, local
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch