Fresno County Sups give approval for Carmelita mine project
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Board of Supervisors agreed to allow the construction of a new gravel mine near Reedley.
The Carmelita mine project will be located on nearly one-thousand acres of orchards at Reed Avenue and Annadale.
The approval came after a daylong hearing, where supervisors heard from residents concerned about air pollution, water use and truck traffic.
The supervisors did impose some conditions on the plant, including a greater setback from the highway and additional landscaping.
fresno county board of supervisors, fresno county, reedley, fresno, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos