Police investigate Visalia Transit Center stabbing
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- The stabbing was part of a fight between two men who police believe did not know each other.
The stabbing happened at around 9:20 a.m. Wednesday near a busy intersection in Visalia. Police rushed to the scene to find the victim suffering from stab wounds to his face and neck.
Authorities said they don't believe the victim's injuries are life threatening. Authorities say the stabbing stemmed from a fight between the 20-year-old male victim and the suspect who is believed to be in his 30's. The suspect fled the scene with a female.
Police said they have received conflicting reports from witnesses so they were not sure if the fight started on a city bus, and ended at the bus terminal -- or if it began while the two were waiting for a bus. The area is quite busy during the day so investigators are hoping witnesses come forward to help police out.
The Visalia Transit Center is home to a number of city offices including the City Manager's Office and the Transportation Department.
The suspect is described as a heavy set man wearing a black hat and white T-shirt. If you have any information you're urged to call the Visalia Police Department.
The victim is recovering at a local hospital.
visalia, tulare county, crimetracker, stabbing, local, jessica peres
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather