Bomb scare forces evacuation at Buchanan High School
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A bomb scare at a Clovis Unified high school forced the evacuation of two buildings on campus Wednesday morning.
This after a staff member found a suspicious device that resembled a pipe bomb on the lawn in front of Buchanan High's 100 Wing just before school was scheduled to begin.
Around 7:45 Wednesday morning, Clovis police closed a portion of Teague Avenue between Minnewawa and Peach avenues and students were moved to other classrooms on campus.
Investigators later discovered the device was a piece of exercise equipment left behind from a class during off-hours.
Students and faculty returned to class about an hour later.
fresno county, fresno, clovis, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno 56 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno 43 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos