Bomb scare forces evacuation at Buchanan High School
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A bomb scare at a Clovis Unified high school forced the evacuation of two buildings on campus Wednesday morning.
This after a staff member found a suspicious device that resembled a pipe bomb on the lawn in front of Buchanan High's 100 Wing just before school was scheduled to begin.
Around 7:45 Wednesday morning, Clovis police closed a portion of Teague Avenue between Minnewawa and Peach avenues and students were moved to other classrooms on campus.
Investigators later discovered the device was a piece of exercise equipment left behind from a class during off-hours.
Students and faculty returned to class about an hour later.
fresno county, fresno, clovis, local
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno