Bomb scare forces evacuation at Buchanan High School
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A bomb scare at a Clovis Unified high school forced the evacuation of two buildings on campus Wednesday morning.
This after a staff member found a suspicious device that resembled a pipe bomb on the lawn in front of Buchanan High's 100 Wing just before school was scheduled to begin.
Around 7:45 Wednesday morning, Clovis police closed a portion of Teague Avenue between Minnewawa and Peach avenues and students were moved to other classrooms on campus.
Investigators later discovered the device was a piece of exercise equipment left behind from a class during off-hours.
Students and faculty returned to class about an hour later.
fresno county, fresno, clovis, local
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system