Bomb scare forces evacuation at Buchanan High School
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A bomb scare at a Clovis Unified high school forced the evacuation of two buildings on campus Wednesday morning.
This after a staff member found a suspicious device that resembled a pipe bomb on the lawn in front of Buchanan High's 100 Wing just before school was scheduled to begin.
Around 7:45 Wednesday morning, Clovis police closed a portion of Teague Avenue between Minnewawa and Peach avenues and students were moved to other classrooms on campus.
Investigators later discovered the device was a piece of exercise equipment left behind from a class during off-hours.
Students and faculty returned to class about an hour later.
fresno county, fresno, clovis, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 48 min ago
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'