Suspect disguised as CHP officer in Merced Co home invasion
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County Sheriff's deputies are now looking for five suspects accused of attacking a couple during an attempted robbery Wednesday morning. It happened just after 2am at a home on Magnolia near Robin in the Livingston area.
Authorities say a man dressed as a CHP officer knocked on the door and said he needed to speak with the couple outside. When the woman and her boyfriend walked out, they saw four other people wearing dark colored clothes and blue beanies. Investigators say the woman realized something wasn't right and tried to get away.
Deputy Tom Mackenzie said, "The victim tried to flee back in the house when one of the suspects struck her in the back with what we believe was an aluminum baseball bat."
Deputies say the boyfriend started fighting with the suspects as his girlfriend screamed for help. The suspects then left.
It's not clear yet how one of the men got the CHP uniform.
home invasion, robbery, crimetracker, livingston, merced county, merced, local
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch