Suspect disguised as CHP officer in Merced Co home invasion
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County Sheriff's deputies are now looking for five suspects accused of attacking a couple during an attempted robbery Wednesday morning. It happened just after 2am at a home on Magnolia near Robin in the Livingston area.
Authorities say a man dressed as a CHP officer knocked on the door and said he needed to speak with the couple outside. When the woman and her boyfriend walked out, they saw four other people wearing dark colored clothes and blue beanies. Investigators say the woman realized something wasn't right and tried to get away.
Deputy Tom Mackenzie said, "The victim tried to flee back in the house when one of the suspects struck her in the back with what we believe was an aluminum baseball bat."
Deputies say the boyfriend started fighting with the suspects as his girlfriend screamed for help. The suspects then left.
It's not clear yet how one of the men got the CHP uniform.
home invasion, robbery, crimetracker, livingston, merced county, merced, local
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004