One dead, one injured in Central Fresno Crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One man is dead and another is in the hospital after an overnight crash at a busy Central Fresno intersection.
Fresno police say two cars slammed into each other around midnight on Clinton and Palm. Investigators say three men were inside one car and a woman was driving the second car.
Police say one man died but have not yet released his name. Another man was taken to Community Regional Medical Center but is expected to survive. Authorities say the third man ran away from the scene but was later detained for questioning. The woman driving the second car was not injured in the crash.
Investigators are now talking to witnesses to figure out what led to accident.
"At this point we don't know if there was a red light violation. But it looks like speed may be an issue. We are investigating whether alcohol may have played a role in this collision," said Lt. Jon Papaleo with the Fresno Police Department.
Police tell Action News they found evidence in one of the cars that points to alcohol use, but have not said what exactly they found inside.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, accident, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 23 min ago
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 3 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Accuweather Forecast
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos