Merced Police: Man tries to kill officer with knives
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Merced police officer shot a suspect multiple times after authorities say the man tried to kill the officer.
Investigators say Lou Seng Saeteurn, 46, threw a large knife at an officer, and nearly hit him in the head.
The incident happened Wednesday night on E Street near 11th. Officers went to the area after getting a shots fired call.
Police say one officer was driving down the street when someone started flagging him down. The officer thought it was a victim, but it turned out to be Saeteurn.
Authorities say the suspect charged at the officer with a large knife. That's when the officer opened fire.
"Mr. Saeteurn did not appear to be affected by the shot and continues running at the officer," Lt. Tom Trinidad said. "The officer retreated once again, the suspect then threw a knife where it hit the vehicle bounded off and nearly struck the officer in the head."
The officer shot Saeteurn two more times. He's expected to survive.
The suspect will be booked into jail for attempted murder of a police officer once he's released from the hospital.
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, merced, merced county, local, carlos saucedo
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno County 34 min ago
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned