Merced Police: Man tries to kill officer with knives
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Merced police officer shot a suspect multiple times after authorities say the man tried to kill the officer.
Investigators say Lou Seng Saeteurn, 46, threw a large knife at an officer, and nearly hit him in the head.
The incident happened Wednesday night on E Street near 11th. Officers went to the area after getting a shots fired call.
Police say one officer was driving down the street when someone started flagging him down. The officer thought it was a victim, but it turned out to be Saeteurn.
Authorities say the suspect charged at the officer with a large knife. That's when the officer opened fire.
"Mr. Saeteurn did not appear to be affected by the shot and continues running at the officer," Lt. Tom Trinidad said. "The officer retreated once again, the suspect then threw a knife where it hit the vehicle bounded off and nearly struck the officer in the head."
The officer shot Saeteurn two more times. He's expected to survive.
The suspect will be booked into jail for attempted murder of a police officer once he's released from the hospital.
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, merced, merced county, local, carlos saucedo
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer 36 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt
- Accuweather Forecast
53 min ago
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting...
44 min ago