Merced Police: Man tries to kill officer with knives
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Merced police officer shot a suspect multiple times after authorities say the man tried to kill the officer.
Investigators say Lou Seng Saeteurn, 46, threw a large knife at an officer, and nearly hit him in the head.
The incident happened Wednesday night on E Street near 11th. Officers went to the area after getting a shots fired call.
Police say one officer was driving down the street when someone started flagging him down. The officer thought it was a victim, but it turned out to be Saeteurn.
Authorities say the suspect charged at the officer with a large knife. That's when the officer opened fire.
"Mr. Saeteurn did not appear to be affected by the shot and continues running at the officer," Lt. Tom Trinidad said. "The officer retreated once again, the suspect then threw a knife where it hit the vehicle bounded off and nearly struck the officer in the head."
The officer shot Saeteurn two more times. He's expected to survive.
The suspect will be booked into jail for attempted murder of a police officer once he's released from the hospital.
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, merced, merced county, local, carlos saucedo
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted 16 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 54 min ago
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos