Fresno Co man hit by car, suffers major injuries
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is recovering in the hospital following a crash at a busy Fresno County intersection.
The CHP said a man was walking on Academy near Belmont around 10 p.m. Monday when a car slammed into him.
The CHP said the driver of the car stopped to help out the man. The man suffered major injuries and was taken to Community Regional Medical Center.
The man told officers the accident was his fault because he was walking on the slow lane and got distracted. Authorities say the driver is not facing any charges.
fresno county, sanger, centerville, accident, local
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president 5 min ago
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Canned peaches may be as good for you as fresh ones
- Mild, dry weather helps California rice growers