Fresno Co man hit by car, suffers major injuries
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is recovering in the hospital following a crash at a busy Fresno County intersection.
The CHP said a man was walking on Academy near Belmont around 10 p.m. Monday when a car slammed into him.
The CHP said the driver of the car stopped to help out the man. The man suffered major injuries and was taken to Community Regional Medical Center.
The man told officers the accident was his fault because he was walking on the slow lane and got distracted. Authorities say the driver is not facing any charges.
fresno county, sanger, centerville, accident, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices 45 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford 40 min ago
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
41 min ago
- Fresno State Bulldogs get out of practice...
58 min ago
- Online love connection leads to some...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos