Fresno Co man hit by car, suffers major injuries
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is recovering in the hospital following a crash at a busy Fresno County intersection.
The CHP said a man was walking on Academy near Belmont around 10 p.m. Monday when a car slammed into him.
The CHP said the driver of the car stopped to help out the man. The man suffered major injuries and was taken to Community Regional Medical Center.
The man told officers the accident was his fault because he was walking on the slow lane and got distracted. Authorities say the driver is not facing any charges.
fresno county, sanger, centerville, accident, local
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases