Fresno Co man hit by car, suffers major injuries
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is recovering in the hospital following a crash at a busy Fresno County intersection.
The CHP said a man was walking on Academy near Belmont around 10 p.m. Monday when a car slammed into him.
The CHP said the driver of the car stopped to help out the man. The man suffered major injuries and was taken to Community Regional Medical Center.
The man told officers the accident was his fault because he was walking on the slow lane and got distracted. Authorities say the driver is not facing any charges.
fresno county, sanger, centerville, accident, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County 49 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving...
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos