Brookfield Zoo animals fed Halloween pumpkin treats
October 24, 2012 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) -- Animals at Brookfield Zoo were treated to some Halloween pumpkins Wednesday afternoon.
The African lions, sloth bears, meerkats, red river hogs, pygmy hippos, and rhinos seemed to thoroughly enjoy their treats. Some of the pumpkins were carved out and filled with other goodies such as grain, meal worms, meat, raisins, and grapes.
Through the end of the month, many of the zoo's other animals will be getting pumpkins too. This weekend, zoo guests can see the lions and sloth bears receiving pumpkins during the annual Boo! at the Zoo celebration on October 27 and 28.
brookfield zoo, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident