Third Beard brother testifies in murder trial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Testimony continued in the case against two brothers accused of killing Justin Hesketh and Brandon Moore.
A third Beard brother took the witness stand Thursday. He was with them the night of the murders.
The witness said he and his older brothers were walking down the street, when they saw a red truck approach their direction and heard gunfire. The teen testified they were then chased by the people in the truck.
The defense is arguing the brothers opened fire in self-defense. But the prosecutor says there were several inconsistencies in the teenager's testimony.
More testimony will continue Friday.
crimetracker, murder, court, fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, local, carlos saucedo
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies