Third Beard brother testifies in murder trial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Testimony continued in the case against two brothers accused of killing Justin Hesketh and Brandon Moore.
A third Beard brother took the witness stand Thursday. He was with them the night of the murders.
The witness said he and his older brothers were walking down the street, when they saw a red truck approach their direction and heard gunfire. The teen testified they were then chased by the people in the truck.
The defense is arguing the brothers opened fire in self-defense. But the prosecutor says there were several inconsistencies in the teenager's testimony.
More testimony will continue Friday.
crimetracker, murder, court, fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, local, carlos saucedo
- Selma man caught downloading child porn at a McDonald's 12 min ago
- Fresno pot shop closes amid Action News investigation
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon