Third Beard brother testifies in murder trial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Testimony continued in the case against two brothers accused of killing Justin Hesketh and Brandon Moore.
A third Beard brother took the witness stand Thursday. He was with them the night of the murders.
The witness said he and his older brothers were walking down the street, when they saw a red truck approach their direction and heard gunfire. The teen testified they were then chased by the people in the truck.
The defense is arguing the brothers opened fire in self-defense. But the prosecutor says there were several inconsistencies in the teenager's testimony.
More testimony will continue Friday.
crimetracker, murder, court, fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, local, carlos saucedo
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt 28 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo