New details emerge in CHP shooting incident
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned new information about the man shot by a CHP officer on Saturday.
The shooting happened after a short car chase in Central Fresno Saturday afternoon.
The Fresno Police Department is handling the investigation.
Chief Jerry Dyer says the unidentified suspect was driving more than 90 miles an hour on Highway 99 before crashing near the McKinley off ramp.
Dyer says the man then ignored an officer's demand to see his hands.
He says the officer felt threatened and shot the man.
The suspect has serious injuries but is expected to survive.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local
- Officer-involved shooting in Northeast Fresno 28 min ago
- Man shot in upper torso in Parlier; 1 person detained 7 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 46 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Large fire guts warehouse in Fresno County
46 min ago