New details emerge in CHP shooting incident
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned new information about the man shot by a CHP officer on Saturday.
The shooting happened after a short car chase in Central Fresno Saturday afternoon.
The Fresno Police Department is handling the investigation.
Chief Jerry Dyer says the unidentified suspect was driving more than 90 miles an hour on Highway 99 before crashing near the McKinley off ramp.
Dyer says the man then ignored an officer's demand to see his hands.
He says the officer felt threatened and shot the man.
The suspect has serious injuries but is expected to survive.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery 25 min ago
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos