Children's Hospital holds special health fair
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Children's Hospital in Madera held a special teddy bear health fair Monday for kids.
Kids ages three to eight had a chance to take their dolls and teddy bears through a series of exams today, including x-rays and surgeries.
The event provides an opportunity for children to interact with hospital staff and learn in a fun way about procedures that take place at the hospital.
"What we know is that kids that know about what's going to happen to them before it happens are much less stressed, much more cooperative and the whole experience is not so negative," Marian Facciani said.
Kids also had a chance to give their bears and dolls flu shots today. Everyone who attended received a coloring book to take home.
madera county, childrens hospital central california, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos