Minarets High School champions return home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some local national champions received a special homecoming Sunday.
The Minarets High School parliamentary procedure team got a warm welcome at Yosemite International Airport.
The Madera County students beat out several other teams to take the title at the Parliamentary Procedure Championship in Indianapolis.
The event is part of the FFA program and tests students debating skills and their understanding of government rules and customs.
"You had to represent your own state. We represented California even though we're from Minarets High School and we competed against 44 other states in this competition," Minarets H.S. Coach Kristann Mattes said.
The team advanced through three days of national competition before panels of judges. The tight-knit group has been together for three years.
madera county, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
- Accuweather Forecast
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos