Woman dead, 2 children injured in Madera Co crash
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol is looking into the cause of a crash that killed a woman and a one month old baby boy.
The accident happened just before ten last night on Avenue 7 and Road 29 in Madera County.
Investigators say the driver of a white Cadillac, 32-year-old George Gonzalez Jr. of Fresno ran a stop sign and hit a car carrying five people.
"The vehicle broadsided a Honda Accord. Both vehicles left he roadway. One of them overturned. As a result of the collision a passenger in the Honda was ejected from the vehicle," Sgt. Michael Donnelly of the California Highway Patrol said.
The 22- year old woman who was ejected from the Honda died at the scene. A one-month old baby boy died at the hospital Monday morning.
A two-year old girl and a man in the Honda were also injured. They were taken to community regional medical center for treatment.
madera county, madera, fresno northwest, highway city, local
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno 2 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide