Woman dead, 2 children injured in Madera Co crash
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol is looking into the cause of a crash that killed a woman and a one month old baby boy.
The accident happened just before ten last night on Avenue 7 and Road 29 in Madera County.
Investigators say the driver of a white Cadillac, 32-year-old George Gonzalez Jr. of Fresno ran a stop sign and hit a car carrying five people.
"The vehicle broadsided a Honda Accord. Both vehicles left he roadway. One of them overturned. As a result of the collision a passenger in the Honda was ejected from the vehicle," Sgt. Michael Donnelly of the California Highway Patrol said.
The 22- year old woman who was ejected from the Honda died at the scene. A one-month old baby boy died at the hospital Monday morning.
A two-year old girl and a man in the Honda were also injured. They were taken to community regional medical center for treatment.
madera county, madera, fresno northwest, highway city, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos