Woman dead, 2 children injured in Madera Co crash
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol is looking into the cause of a crash that killed a woman and a one month old baby boy.
The accident happened just before ten last night on Avenue 7 and Road 29 in Madera County.
Investigators say the driver of a white Cadillac, 32-year-old George Gonzalez Jr. of Fresno ran a stop sign and hit a car carrying five people.
"The vehicle broadsided a Honda Accord. Both vehicles left he roadway. One of them overturned. As a result of the collision a passenger in the Honda was ejected from the vehicle," Sgt. Michael Donnelly of the California Highway Patrol said.
The 22- year old woman who was ejected from the Honda died at the scene. A one-month old baby boy died at the hospital Monday morning.
A two-year old girl and a man in the Honda were also injured. They were taken to community regional medical center for treatment.
madera county, madera, fresno northwest, highway city, local
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico 2 min ago
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case