Merced PD investigating second fast food robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating the second armed robbery at a Merced McDonalds in just the past two weeks.
It happened at the restaurant on 13th and R Street just before 9 p.m.
Investigators say a man in his twenties pointed a gun at employees and demanded money from the safe.
The workers gave him cash, and the suspect got away before officers arrived.
This same location was robbed at gunpoint on Oct. 14.
Another McDonalds on Motel Drive in Merced was hit on Sept. 11.
The city has seen a spike in robberies this year.
The Merced Police Department had 156 cases by August, compared to 95 at the same time last year.
merced, merced county, crimetracker, robbery, local
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma twister 2 min ago
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs