Demolition crews tear down Glick's Meat Locker
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Demolition crews were in the South Valley to tear down a 70-year-old building.
The former Glick's Meat Locker was located on Willis Street and Goshen Avenue in Visalia before it was torn down. Glick's Meat Locker hasn't been used in nearly ten years.
Owners say they need the space to make way for more parking and possibly some new business prospects to go along with Glick's Meat Market next door. The building used to process meat and provide lockers for the public to store their meat.
Trisha Phillips said, "It's really sad to see it come down I grew up in there and it's an end to an era."
The owners of Glick's say since its reopening one year ago, the business has seen continued success and they need more parking to accommodate all of its customers.
visalia, tulare county, local
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops 38 min ago
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall