An Atwater boy, 9, was struck by a car on the way to a friend's house to go trick-or-treating
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say a nine-year-old boy was flown to UC Davis Medical Center after being hit by a car. The accident happened on Olive Avenue near Willow at 3pm Wednesday afternoon.
Investigators say the child was riding his bike to a friend's house to go trick-or-treating, and was hit while trying to cross the street. Authorities do not believe the 64 year old driver was under the influence or a distracted at the time.
No word yet on the child's condition.
atwater, merced county, merced, local
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan 31 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly 51 min ago
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact