Man walks free in fatal Pixley hit-run case
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley man walks free after pleading no contest to a hit and run that killed a toddler.
Back on Easter, Eduardo Morales was driving along Road 80 south of Pixley when he struck a 23-month-old named Daniel. He did not stop and ended up turning himself in to authorities several days later.
A Tulare County judge sentenced him to a year on probation. He also sentenced him to six years in state prison but suspended that sentence. If Morales violates his probation he will serve the prison term.
crimetracker, hit and run, court, pixley, visalia, tulare, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident