Jayden Thomas candlelight vigil in Los Banos
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Los Banos Wildcats Pee Wee Football Team is holding a candlelight vigil for #7 Jayden Thomas who was killed in a car accident.
Sunday, November 4th at 7 p.m.
Pacheco High School, Veterans Stadium
People in the North Valley are coming together Sunday night to remember a pee wee football player killed in a car accident.
Family friends say 10-year-old Jayden Thomas was the quarterback for the Los Banos Wildcats youth football team. They said he and his family were coming home from a play-off game in Manteca Saturday night when the crash happened in Los Banos.
Authorities have not yet released details of the accident.
This is the second time in less than two months a pee wee football player has died in a car accident. Even Perez, 10, from Avenal was on his way to a football game in Los Banos with his family and fellow players when their SUV crashed near Coalinga.
Investigators say a tire blow-out caused the accident. Even died at the scene. His mother and four other children were injured.
los banos, merced county, accident, local
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire