Man hit by several cars on HWY 99 in Madera County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The CHP said the man was walking on the freeway when the accident happened.
It happened Saturday night around 9:30 p.m. on Highway 99, near Avenue 12. CHP officials said the man, whose identity is unknown at this time, was walking on the freeway when the accident happened.
Authorities say at least four cars hit the victim who was declared dead on scene.
One of the cars lost control and rolled over after hitting the victim, but the driver is expected to be okay. No other injuries were reported.
Investigators are currently working to figure out why the man was walking on the highway.
madera county, madera, madera ranchos, accident, local
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart 57 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations